25.7.15

Yoga x Strala Singapore

Helloooo, weekend! It's been a long while since I last posted an entry on yoga. Looking back, my blog domain name came about because of it, and next month, this blog turns 2! Ever since I completed my monthly unlimited package at Homyoga earlier last year, I've been attending lesser classes. It's definitely not because my love for yoga has died off - I still enjoy doing but the packages are pretty costly to maintain & there will be days where I felt responsible to go because I've paid for it. Anyway, I've been yoga-hopping ever since. My class packages are here and there, all around - Yoga Movement, Bikram Yoga HB, Strala SG, etc. I personally felt that this was a better choice for me since it offers more flexibility. Depending on where I'll be for the day and what kind of classes I'd like to attend, I've various options to choose from. On days where I want to attend morning class, I'll go to YM @ TP since it's near my office, and either Orchard / Strala on weekends if I'm heading town!

Somedays, or on lazy days, I'll just YouTube at home! :) Few of my favorites videos are from Tara Stiles, Yoga with Adrienne, Yoga with Candace, etc. It goes with my mood & flow but I'll definitely need more discipline for home practice! :p

Anyway, Nicole & I signed for Strala's Get Twisty workshop last Saturday! I love twisting poses partly because I'm flexible but we focus pretty much on arms during the class and I have very weak arms strength! Had fun learning about proper breathing techniques, the right way to twist and compress our body and also getting into difficult poses with ease :) Arms were aching from Grasshopper for the next 2 days!

Can't wait for the next practice but for now, SHAPE run tomorrow!! T.T Back to my first race again after 2 years, no wonder I'm feelin' excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment