23.11.13

Smoothie x Eat your avocados

This morning, I woke up craving for some avocados, aka the superfood.

I loveeeeeee avocados even though it's heavy in calories and full of fats (read: healthy fats)! These little greenies are high in fiber, sodium & cholesterol free and rich in healthy monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. It aids in weight gain and it's the secret to healthy heart, brilliant brain and eagle eyes ;)

You can read more about Avocados' health benefits here, here or here

I used to order avocado smoothie from fruit juice stall but I reckon all the health benefits be gone after they added all the gula melaka and evaporated milk. I simply blend them myself now :)

I wanted to make some avo-eggy toast but we ran out of bread at home!!!! :( I was lazy to go out and get. Normally, I'll eat them as a fruit itself but I woke up and wanted something hearty. Decided to Google for some smoothie recipes and tadah, avocado-kiwi and almond milk goody for me.

& here's my first time trying almond milk. I love it except it's so expensive, costs me 6bucks!

Jack says my real food, healthier lifestyle gonna costs us a bomb in the future. haha.

Ingredients:
  • I cup of almond milk
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 kiwi
  • 4-5 pieces of ice
  • Maple Syrup (if you want it sweet)
Blend, and enjoy!

I omitted maple syrup since I was on my "I quit added sugar" 2 weeks challenge. It has a little sweetness since I added kiwi :)

A little update on my IQS journey:
The past 5 days has been easier than I thought, maybe because I allowed myself some fruits and few pieces of my 85% chocolate bar so it wasn't that bad! Other than that, I wasn't really craving for anything sugary... except ytd!!! I was famished before lunch, and my colleague offered me a mouth of this goodie from Bali. I ate without knowing it was chocolate in flavour and after I bite a mouth of it, I was like omgg, what is this thing so sweet?! hahhah

Now my brother is back with my subway lunch (im still craving for bread!)

Have a great Saturday ahead ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment